[RpL 1280] IRQ'2020: Lecture by Denis Vodolazov 'Global paramagnetic response in a Fulde-Ferrell superconductor'

Alexander Semenov a_sem2 на mail.ru
Пт Ноя 20 12:05:12 MSK 2020

Dear all,
Today, on Friday November 20, at 17.00 Moscow time (15.00 CET, 14.00 GMT), an 1-hour lecture (or rather a scientific seminar) 'Global paramagnetic response in a Fulde-Ferrell superconductor' will be given by Denis Vodolazov (Institute for Physics of Microstructures RAS). Please find the abstract in the bottom of this email.
Link to Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/8976647786?pwd=SjBSTVNqRG1uaCsrYjJDVit5eTduUT09
(For those who plan to get certificate and want to be counted by as accurately: 1) please check that your Zoom nick allows to identify you unambiguously; 2) after entering, send a private message via the chat, with any text,  to the person named 'Registration').
Link to the site of the School with the Program:
https://irq2020.quant.physics.mpgu.edu/
Sincerely,
On behalf of Organisers of IRQ'2020,
Alexander Semenov
P. S. If you don't want to receive our emails, please respond to this one by an email containing word 'NO' in the body.
Denis Vodolazov
Global paramagnetic response in a Fulde-Ferrell superconductor
We theoretically study the magnetic response of a superconductor/ferromagnet/normal-metal strip in an in-plane Fulde-Ferrell (FF) state. We show that unlike an ordinary superconducting strip, the FF strip can be switched from diamagnetic to  aramagnetic and then back to a diamagnetic state by increasing the perpendicular magnetic field. Being in a paramagnetic state, the FF strip exhibits a magnetic field driven second-order phase transition from the FF state to the ordinary state without spatial modulation along the strip. We argue that the global paramagnetic response is connected with a peculiar dependence of the sheet superconducting current density on supervelocity in the FF state, and it exists in the nonlinear regime.