[RpL 253] Fwd: [ITP Allothers-landau] Seminar v chetverg 27.01

Elena Shangina shangina на rplab.ru
Пт Янв 21 12:39:06 MSK 2011

This is a forwarded message
From: Announcements for non-local users <allothers-landau на itp.ac.ru>
To: allusers-landau на itp.ac.ru, allusers на itp.ac.ru
Date: Thursday, January 20, 2011, 8:25:08 PM
Subject: [ITP Allothers-landau] Seminar v chetverg 27.01

Chetverg 27 yanvarya 2011 g.
Teoreticheskiy seminar v IFP, 11:30.

Peter Armitage  (John Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA)

FAST VORTICES AND SUPERCONDUCTING FLUCTUATIONS
IN THE CUPRATES AND AMORPHOUS SUPERCONDUCTORS

The nature of the underdoped pseudogap regime of the high-temperature
superconductors has been a matter of long-term debate. On quite general
grounds, one expects that due to their low superfluid densities and
short correlation lengths, superconducting fluctuations will be very
significant for transport and thermodynamic properties in this part of
the phase diagram. Although there is ample experimental evidence for
such correlations, there has been disagreement about how high in
temperature they may persist, their role in the phenomenology of the
pseudogap, and their significance for understanding high-temperature
superconductivity.

In this work we use THz time-domain spectroscopy (TTDS) to probe the
temporal fluctuations of superconductivity above Tc in LSCO thin films
over a doping range that spans almost the entire superconducting dome
(x=0.06 to 0.25). Signatures of the fluctuations persist in the
conductivity in a comparatively narrow temperature range, up to - at
most - 16 K above Tc. We compare our results with the measurements of
diamagnetism in a similarly doped crystals of LSCO and show through a
vortex-plasma model that if the fluctuation diamagnetism solely
originates in vortices, then they must necessarily exhibit an
anomalously large vortex diffusion constant, which is more than two
orders of magnitude larger than the Bardeen-Stephen estimate. This
points to either an entirely different character to vortex dynamics in
the underdoped d-wave cuprates or a contribution to the diamagnetic
response that is not superconducting in origin. I will make a comparison
to our related work using broadband microwave spectroscopy on amorphous
superconducting InO thing films.

--
Best regards,
 Elena                            mailto:shangina на rplab.ru